Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Dining Room

I started putting up some drywall over the newly rebuilt "corner #1" (of 2) next to the archway. I also started adding casings to the archway (I can't wait to reinstall the salvaged old one, and blend/putty everything to match.

I only did half, really, and I won't be able to install the top until I mud the corner joint. The only casing I put in place is the left and right centre "columns" (side pieces), which aren't in the way of anything else.

I also disassembled, fixed, and reconnected all the screwed-up duct work in "corner #2". Everything is now straight, uncrumpled, and all the joints are taped (except the one I couldn't reach, which is at the end of the run (right before the floor vent).

Pics soon.


  1. JC,
    A friend recently referred me to your blog as I also live in a foursquare home from 1926. It's funny seeing all the similarities in our homes and although I haven't done nearly as much work to mine, it's fun watching all your work. It will be a true gem when you're finished. I'm sure you can't wait for that!


  2. Thanks so much for the comment. I went and looked at your blog, and you have a really nice informal country style. I quite like it.