Sunday, October 06, 2013

Small Cherry Bookcase Update

For those of you who have been following the progress on the cherry bookcase project (which has been dragging for months), I made some progress on it today.

Not a whole lot to share, but I spent a good 3-4 hours working on it this weekend. I milled all the tongue and groove back boards yesterday, and I cut, routed, and sanded the 4 bottom shelves.

Tongue and groove back boards:


Hopefully, I can get this project done before the cold weather rolls in (in the next month or so), but I won't hold my breath. All that's really left to do is the top shelf, and the top decorations, but I might just go ahead and varnish/assemble the whole thing as-is, since I really want to set it up and use it for all my books that are still in storage.

No comments:

Post a Comment