Saturday, March 29, 2014

Second Greek Key Pillow

I've had this idea in my head for a while about making a pillow with this beautiful navy/indigo velvet that I picked up for a few bucks at Value Village. The velvet is extremely dark, so to bring out the blue, I decided to go with a lighter blue ribbon, in a similar design to the two red pillows I made earlier.



Although I love how it turned out, it doesn't look as good on this chair (or in this room) as I had hoped. It seems to clash with the black/green/red on the chair seat, and I'll probably end up using it in another room.

It was a fun project, and I ended up using the same method as the red pillows. The Heat-N-Bond performed even more poorly on the velvet than on the red canvas fabric, but it held it in place just barely enough that I could re-pin the corners and top-stitch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment