Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Banquet Lamp

My father, over the weekend, gifted me his antique banquet lamp. He's had it for as long as I can remember, and it used to be in the bedroom. It's a rather large and ornate lamp, and the base is made of "Brittania" metal (aka pot metal, white metal, etc) painted to look like brass or gold. It has the original shade and chimney, but it has unfortunately been electrified in a destructive way (meaning it can't really be switched back to oil burning since they drilled a hole in the oil reservoir).

The only other flaw is a chip on the shade at the top.

I'm not sure where I'm going to put it yet, but it will probably end up on an antique dresser in the guest bedroom, or possibly in the living room.





The floral design is hand painted. The main design is large, but there's a small single flower centered on the back as well.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, J.C. - What a great lamp! It's the most ornate oil lamp I've ever seen, and that lion head is my favorite detail. Thanks for the close-up.

    ReplyDelete