Thursday, June 07, 2012

Office Birch Floor Update

Just a quick update about the Office room floor. The scraping is going decently well. Many have suggested water, and it didn't really do much, other than make a mess. I also discovered a rather unpleasant mess under the glue. Piss stains. And LOTS of them. I have to assume they're from a dog? There's no smell, but the floor boards are pretty badly stained on the entire centre of the floor. I've done a bit of quick reading and the only good suggestion that I found was to soak the floor boards with Hydrogen Peroxide overnight. Has anyone tried this with success? The floor is pretty much bare wood, so it should absorb the peroxide. I just don't know if it's going to improve things.

If all the floors are like this, I'll have to come up with a fix. I'd really hate to rip it all out and start over, but I'll keep that as a last option. Other ideas would be a dark stain (even though I'd REALLY prefer the nice honey gold/amber colour of the birch), paint (ugh), etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment