Sunday, June 17, 2012

Update + Flooring News

I think I hear crickets. Sorry it's been a while, but not much has been going on with the house lately.

I bought wood and other parts to fix up the porch, but I haven't started working on it.

This weekend I was busy with Father's Day, next weekend I'm going out of town for the St. Jean Baptiste celebrations in Quebec, and the weekend after that will be my friends' annual summer BBQ and anniversary party AND Canada Day.

It seems like in no time flat the summer will be over.

There's a whole bunch of things I really want to do this summer, like redo the garage roof, and the fascia around the house, but I don't know if I'll have the cash. I just finished paying off a whole slew of dentist bills (I found out I had a handful of cavities).

So yeah... I can at least do the porch, and possibly block-off squirrel access to the house (I know where they're coming in).

One of the main reasons I wanted to write this post, however is because my dad gave me renewed hope for my floors. I told him about all the urine stains, and apparently when they first got the house, the floors there were the same. Apparently it all came out when they sanded and refinished the floors. He said he used a drum sander.

No comments:

Post a Comment