I painted the moth portion of the painting this evening. It needs just a few touch-ups, but it's basically done.
Here is my hoard of watercolours. I love art supplies, and some of these are old (from when I was a kid), and some are yard sale finds.
That's just the watercolour stuff. I also have tons of coloured pencils (literally thousands), charcoal, oil pastels and dry pastels, lead pencils, oil paints, acrylics, gold leafing supplies & powders, calligraphy sundries, and a bunch of other stuff too.
Here's the progress. I think I worked on this about 1 1/2 to 2 hours, but I honestly didn't check the time when I started.
Side note: the moth in the photo has a bit of a greenish tint, and I did mix-in a touch of green on some portions of the wings, but it's more subtle than I had anticipated. That said, however, these moths don't really have any green tint to them normally, so it's not a big issue.
Parts to fix are the bottom wing tips, and a few of the shadows on the main wings.