Monday, June 15, 2015

Some Recent Woodworking Projects

About a month ago I did a set of cabinets for a client (a former boss) and I thought I would share a few of the photos here. This will give you a bit of an idea of the kind of quality pine furniture that I used to make at one of my old jobs (2002-2008). These are made of regular "common grade" pine, with the nicest boards used for the panels and doors, and the "less pretty" boards used for the shelves. The backs are store bought t-g. The cabinets were built in his shop, and I'll be able to eventually make my kitchen cabinets in pretty much the same way.

Laminating large panels (shelves in the corner unit):



The cabinets were 3 bookcases divided by 2 blanket boxes to span a wall with 2 windows. These are the three bookcase bodies:



Frame pieces for the blanket box fronts and doors:



A semi-complete blanket box:



This is how the units line up, with the large corner one off on the left.



Finished blanket box:





One of the bookcase cabinets with the door in place:



Corner units:



I don't have any good photos of the finished cabinets except for this one. As soon as I had them assembled, we brought them inside. The colour was matched to the original wood floors in the house.

7 comments:

  1. You do such beautiful work!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it. You are very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work. -- Mo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work. I wish I had some woodworking skills. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh man; I want to see the install. Is that possible?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not quite as glamorous as it might seem, but if you really want, I could e-mail you a blurry and poorly lit photo. Send me an e-mail (it's on my "About Me" page).

      Delete