Monday, April 29, 2013

Painting

I have a "love-hate" relationship when it comes to painting. Trim is annoying, but once I get started I find it to be enjoyable. I hate the cleanup, and even more, I hate when the brush picks up floating chunks in the paint (usually when I'm nearing the bottom of the can).

That said, I've painted 2 coats of BIN 1-2-3 (shellac) primer on the pine portions of the crown mouldings, as well as on the exposed "old shellac" spots. This will ensure that there is no bleed-through of the varnish or pine sap.

I've also spot-primed all the wall repairs in both the Office and Living Room. I also painted the primer on the door casings for the LR door.

Next will be to prime all the new drywall and corner seams, and re-coat the crowns with the acrylic primer. I wanted to do this all today, but I noticed that I'll need to do several additional drywall touch-ups before I go ahead with this. I'm waiting because I want to do the front hallway (prime the new drywall) and the L-Room walls all at the same time, since I'll have a roller dirty (that's 4 rooms).

Hopefully I can do all those touch-ups soon, since I'm itching to paint the Office walls.

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing the painted rooms!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I'm excited for the Office, since it's the room I spend the most time in. I will also have that wonderful cherry bookcase in here, which should look nice against the light grey.

      The green for the Living Room is also a coulour I've wanted to have in my first house since my aunt used it in hers (several years back). I haven't bought the paint yet, but it's Behr's Olivine (Google for pics). It's a beautiful neutral green (not too dark, not too bright, not too pastel).

      Delete