Sunday, April 01, 2012

Ugh.

Sorry for being such an absentee blogger lately. I've been busy helping out my friends with their bathroom in most of my free time for the past 2 weeks. The tiles are installed, grouted, and sealed. Dev kind of wanted help installing the new window, too, but I won't have time this weekend.

I did find a bit of time to do some work on MY house. I bought and installed some drywall corners for the repaired duct work columns on the main floor (4 so far - one that I haven't decided how to fix yet, and one will be a plumbing stack in the kitchen to do later). I did end up putting-up drywall and a spot for an access door on the stack in the Office. I plan to make a miniature panel door with smaller scale casings around it. I need access to this one since the main phone line comes into the house from this corner, as well as two cable lines.

I also (today) FINALLY made the new attic door, which has been on my to-do list since last year. It's just a piece of 3/4" Fir plywood with some insulation on one side. I changed my mind about how I want to finish it. Originally I wanted just a flat panel, flush with the ceiling (mostly invisible), but I decided that I want to do a recessed frame with mouldings.

I also patched-up the two upstairs window openings with some vapour barrier (in prep for insulation, then studs, and drywall). I also nailed down and puttied the transition trip for the bathroom threshold.

That's about all I got done, other than a bit of cleaning in the garage, and more patching on the dining room casings (arch).

I am really hoping that I can go for a supply run with Mom to pick up some insulation, mud, and other supplies.

No comments:

Post a Comment