Sorry for being such an absentee blogger lately. I've been busy helping out my friends with their bathroom in most of my free time for the past 2 weeks. The tiles are installed, grouted, and sealed. Dev kind of wanted help installing the new window, too, but I won't have time this weekend.
I did find a bit of time to do some work on MY house. I bought and installed some drywall corners for the repaired duct work columns on the main floor (4 so far - one that I haven't decided how to fix yet, and one will be a plumbing stack in the kitchen to do later). I did end up putting-up drywall and a spot for an access door on the stack in the Office. I plan to make a miniature panel door with smaller scale casings around it. I need access to this one since the main phone line comes into the house from this corner, as well as two cable lines.
I also (today) FINALLY made the new attic door, which has been on my to-do list since last year. It's just a piece of 3/4" Fir plywood with some insulation on one side. I changed my mind about how I want to finish it. Originally I wanted just a flat panel, flush with the ceiling (mostly invisible), but I decided that I want to do a recessed frame with mouldings.
I also patched-up the two upstairs window openings with some vapour barrier (in prep for insulation, then studs, and drywall). I also nailed down and puttied the transition trip for the bathroom threshold.
That's about all I got done, other than a bit of cleaning in the garage, and more patching on the dining room casings (arch).
I am really hoping that I can go for a supply run with Mom to pick up some insulation, mud, and other supplies.