Monday, March 25, 2013

Darn!

I took a bit of a leisurely stroll around town today, since I wanted to stop by Source Wood Products which is in the old Cotton Mills (old dilapidated end of town), and I made a few stops along the way to grab a coffee, and photograph old houses.

Unfortunately, when I finally got to my destination, I discovered that they've moved. Not only are they no longer in the old Cotton Mill (which I used to love walking through), they're no longer even in Cornwall. They moved to Summerstown (nearby, but too far for someone on foot - like me). I was really hoping to pick up just a few small off-cuts of cherry to finish the bookcase project. I guess not!

This is a big bummer for me, since they're the only place in town that carried hardwoods/furniture grade lumber. I can always get some off my boss, but I'm really not sure what the situation is there, and it's also pretty damn far to walk.

The good thing, however, is that I took probably around 100 photos of beautiful old houses that I'll eventually post here.

2 comments:

  1. Think they'd be open this coming Friday? I can drive you out there...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't find their hours online, so I'll have to give them a call. They used to be open weekdays, so I assume they'd be open on Friday. I'll send you a follow-up reply on Facebook.

      Delete