Alright, I've taken a short break from reposting back entries with the post about the gramophone/radio cabinet (see below), and I'm posting now with more recent news.
As of last night, I now have the door crowns installed, primed, and painted (one of 2 coats), on the door to the office (both sides), kitchen (both sides), main bath, and the dining room/basement door.
I'm extremely pleased with how my copies of the historic mouldings turned out. Photos soon.
I am also working on the doorway leading down the stairs from the second floor. I had thought of making this just a plain drywall opening, but I didn't like how it would have looked, and I also thought of removing the wall(s), but it would have messed up the ceiling(s) and the lighting arrangement, so I left it as-is, and decided that I would install trim like a regular door opening on both sides.
Before I can do this, I had to rebuild a new door jamb (I recycled some scrap wood for this), and I have to redo the two outer drywall corners, since the POs did a horrible shit job of this. I think they actually installed the metal corners upside down, because a light sanding reveals bare metal, and there's supposed the be a paper covering. So I added a new paper corner joint over this, and LOTS of mud. It's still drying, actually.
Work on the gramophone cabinet is nearing completion. I have done all the repairs to the door, patched and fixed the foot, patched and fixed the chipped veneer on the drop-down door, and I've applied the first coat of stain on everything (and I mean everything). That alone took over 2 hours.
Next I'll need to add more stain to darken some of the lighter (non matching wood) pieces, then varnish it.