Sunday, February 26, 2012

Cornwall Homes - Rankin Apartments

This is another old building that I walk by on a regular basis. The building dons a cement plaque identifying it as the Rankin Apartments 1938. The building seems to be currently unoccupied, and several windows have been boarded up. Up until a few months ago, it was occupied. I see a padlock on the front door. Plywood over windows is usually not a good sign, so I fear the worst. It's looked this way for a while (partially boarded up) but I've seen nothing being done to it. I don't know if there was a fire (doesn't look like it), or if they're renovating.



The building still has all the original windows, front door & side lights, and there's probably a very good chance that a bunch of the original features on the interior are still present.



I'm thinking that maybe I should leave a letter at the door asking what's up, but seeing that the past 2-3 houses I've left letters to never called back, I don't know if I should even bother.

No comments:

Post a Comment